Pumpkin Pie from America
A traditional festive American Dish
2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
125g butter or margarine
1/3 cup cold water
1. Put the dry ingredients into bowl.
2. Mix in the butter or margarine with fingers until the mixture resembles large breadcrumbs.
3. Add the water.
4. Make into ball.
5. Chill for 10 minutes.
6. Roll out 1/2cm thick.
7. Line pie dish with pastry.
1 1/2 cups cooked pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
225g brown sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup cream
1. Peel pumpkin. Remove seeds, stew till soft in a little water.
2. Press through sieve and add spices.
3. Put into bowl.
4. Add eggs, sugar, then milk and cream.
5. Beat hard.
6. Pour into uncooked pastry shell.
7. Bake in moderate oven (190 degress celcius) until it is set when you poke it with a knife.
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net |
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net | ToothFairys.Net
© 1997 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.