Jokes.Net: Time for a Laugh
Sayings, Superstitions and Quotes
- As I sat on a sunny bank,
On Chrismas Day in the morning,
I spied three ships once sailing by.
- Anonymous As I Sat on a Sunny Bank
- I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas.
- Irving Berlin 1888-1989
- Christians awake, salute the happy morn,
Whereon the Saviour of the world was born.
- John Byron 1692-1763
- The first day of Christmas,
My true love sent to me
A partridge in a pear tree.
- Nursery Rhyme mirth without mischief
- It is Christmas Day in the workhouse.
- George R. Sims 1847-1922
- While shepherd's watch'd their flocks by night,
All seated on the ground,
The Angel of the Lord came down,
And glory shone around.
- Nahum Tate 1652-1715
- At Christmas play and make good cheer,
For Christmas comes but once a year.
- Thomas Tusser 1524-80
- To perceive Christmas through its wrapping becomes more difficult with every year.
- Elwyn Brooks White 1809-1985
- Little Jack Horner
Sat in a corner
Eating a Christmas Pie;
He put in his thumb,
And said, What a good boy Am I!
- Nursery Rhyme Namby Pamby (Henry Carey)
- Christmas comes but once a year. - Proverb
- I'm walking backwards till Christmas.
- Spike Milligan the Goon Show
- Feed the World
Let them know it's Christmas.
- Band Aid Song written to raise money for the relief of famine in Ethiopia. Do they know it's Christmas?
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net |
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net | ToothFairys.Net
© 1997 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.