Hungarian recipe known as Beigli.
300g plain flour
2 egg yolks
4 tablespoons milk
pinch of salt
300-375g ground walnuts
5 tablespoons milk
4 tablespoons sultanas
1. Crumble flour and butter together in a bowl.
2. Make a well in the centre, add to it the sugar, salt and yolks.
3. Dissolve yeast in 4 tablespoons of warm milk, add to mixture in bowl. Work the dough well until smooth.
4. Shape it into 2 loaves and let them rest for 30 minutes. In the meantime prepare filling;
5. Heat sugar and milk, add nuts, stir over low heat for a few minutes. Take it off the heat, beat in the butter and sultanas and let it cool.
6. Roll out the two leaves of pastry to knife blade thickness into a rectangular shape. Spread half the filling on each rectangle.
7. Roll up each piece like a swiss roll.
8. Place them on a greased baking sheet and let then stand for 10 minutes.
9. Brush them over with egg white.
10. Bake in hot oven for 30-40 minutes.
11. Cool rolls and store.
12. Serve sliced into 1 cm thickness.